How to lose weight on a treadmill – pickfairly.com focused latest technique
Finally, you have made up your mind to lose weight. The exercise mode you choose to work with is a treadmill at home. Here is how you can go about it.
What is treadmill
It is a simple electronic or manual machine that functions like walking or jogging. You can do a wide range of workouts on this to lose weight.
Weight loss strategy with treadmill
You have to keep a check on your diet and other lifestyle changes to elevate the weight loss plan.
How to set a target
Take baby steps and set small targets. You can gradually build upon it with your consistency and stamina building.
Pre weight loss measurements
This is very important. It provides a baseline guide to start working from.
Steps for doing a treadmill for weight loss
There are simple steps to follow,
- Before starting the treadmill and setting its speed. Wear the heart rate monitor on your chest or wrist.
- You have to warm up before proceeding to a heavy workout. This is done by walking at 2 mph for 2-3 minutes. Build it up to 8-10 mph for 5 minutes.
- After this, you will be sweating. This indicates you are in a fat-burning zone. Now as per your stamina, you can jog at 4 mph for a couple of minutes.
- Now you can cool down by walking at a low pace for a couple of minutes.
Types of weight loss workout on the treadmill
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT): this is an alternate workout technique. Here heavy workout is followed by a walk at low speed and so on. You can harden it by adding sprinting in between. Your rest interval should be double the high-intensity time period.
- Working in the fat-burning zone: you can lose weight fast if you are able to calculate your fat-burning zone. Though it varies from person to person and depends on various factors such as age, gender, fitness level, and medical conditions. Once you are able to appreciate it with the help of your trainer, you can easily work in this zone to lose weight fast.
- Do mix and match different workouts; you can do different routines daily. Some days you can do HIIT or simple jog, strength training, etc.
- Working out on an inclined treadmill; when you work on an uphill treadmill, resistance is increased. This is a simple rule the more resistance you face, the more calories you burn.
Precautions for working on the treadmill
The same routine or too strenuous exercise can count on your joints. So don’t stress them too much. To avoid this you can mix and match different routines.
What to do after treadmill
Do some simple walk at a low pace to cool down yourself. As metabolism is too high so don’t drink water too much. Also, let your body cool down before taking a bath.
- Is elliptical or treadmill better for weight loss?
- An elliptical is a machine that is designed with a lower impact. Hence it is best for people who fear joint overworking or injuries. Whereas a treadmill machine basically works with the basics of walk or jog. So both can be customized for weight loss depending upon your needs and body status.
- Is running on a treadmill better for weight loss?
- Yes, a steady routine of a brisk walk or run on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes at 5 mph help you lose calories. This is done at a speed good enough to coop well with your weight loss plan.
- Can you lose weight walking on a treadmill?
- Yes, certainly you can lose weight by walking on the treadmill at home. But you need to be consistent. Along with this, you have to keep a strict check on the calories you take.
- How fast should I walk or run on a treadmill to lose weight?
- This depends a great deal on your weight loss goals. Ideally, you should devise a plan that should focus on losing weight constantly and gradually. You can work at a speed of 5 mph and for 30 min daily. A simple parameter is sweating. You should start sweating in about 10-15 minutes. You can increase or decrease the intensity of workout accordingly.
- What is the best treadmill workout for weight loss?
- The best treadmill weight loss workout is high-intensity interval training (HIIT). The core idea is working extra hard in short bouts. The workout periods are alternated with rest.
You can start at 2mph for 5 minutes as a warm-up. Then start running at 10 mph for half a minute. This is followed by a walk of one minute at 4 mph .repeat 5 times. At the end walk for 5 minutes at 2 mph to cool down.
A number of strategies can be devised to lose weight. It is best done by combining low dietary intake with a healthy lifestyle and exercise. The use of the treadmill for weight loss has added advantage of improving heart and lung health. Consequently, putting a positive impact on overall health and performance. But you have to be careful in gradually building the workout on a treadmill. A sudden heavy workout can have adverse effects on you.